Thursday, September 23, 2004

Wishing for Winter

After coming back from a bout with asthma yesterday, I've found myself depressed and and a touch claustrophobic. My house feels altogether too hot and small, as does my life. My sense of wanting change has always been an issue but it had resided expectantly at my side, hands folded and legs crossed. Now the dissatisfaction is restive, edgy, threatening to emerge full force.

It's little wonder that I feel fretful...the whole country if not the world seems in a state of perpetual itch. Peace is in short supply. War and terrorism, hurricanes and politics fuel our churning dis-ease as surely as a bone dry thicket smoldering from a lightening strike.

I can only hope the fires of turmoil are dampened down (at least in the northern hemisphere) with the approaching winter. As far as I'm concerned, it can't come soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home